Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2010

This week!

A week's gone by and I feel obliged to fill you all in on my life...

I've just had a really good/crazy weekend mainly hanging around the Reeperbahn with Frazier and Joel (and Emma on the Friday night) and I finally made it to the famous Fish Market after yesterday's clubbing. I had no idea how big the whole thing was but it's AMAZING (if you like fish, that is). I over ate and I'm surprised I wasn't sick! Got in at 7am BOTH NIGHTS. I've found that I'm getting into the continental way of going out later and going all night long.

Good times anyway!

Found a drink in one of the bars called 'Kalte Muschi' - I recommend it people. It really does just taste like juice, needless to say, it's fucking you up.
I was also reunited with 'Strongbow' and 'Snakebite' after a visit to the British pub at the busy Hans Albers Platz - It's a smoking pub too which helps in these increasingly cold times.

Drinking aside, the other assistants and I attended a Training Day on Thursday so that meant a day off school! Not that it made a difference, we still had to be there for 9am. Anyway, we got the chance to meet some of the other English Speaking assistants we didn't already know who were mainly Americans. Once that was over, I had a box full of teaching material to take home with me (all for free) so that was worth it. Before taking the box home, the entire gang paid a visit to our mate's flat which was round the corner. There must have been about 15 of us in her one room. As I expected, her one flatmate soon starting complaining saying that she was 'studying.'

 I spent more than 5€ for the first time in a German supermarket, Lidl to be exact. Yeah, Lidl's German for those who don't know. I didn't for years until I came here. So, I went in to spend 7€, ended up spending 23€ - Not on anything big I might add, but the basket consisted mainly of snacks. A can of Lynx or 'Axe' as it's known on the continent and some fabric softner to top it off. I often wonder why Lynx is known as 'Axe' almost everywhere apart from at home. I've come to this conclusion: The Europeans wouldn't be able to pronounce 'Lynx' upon seeing the word due to the weird spelling, but....what do I know!


I've just got one bitch to throw out there: I suppose I don't really have the right to bitch though 'cause it's my own fault. I keep bloody forgetting to take my own plastic bags when I go and they don't provide free bags so I'm forced to spend extra pennies for fucking bags! Oh well, I'm sure I'll learn.


I still haven't cooked here. Well, I can't cook but I have managed to boil a couple of ready made meal type things. They're not hard. So, that means that the only piece of kitchen shit I've used is the frying pan - Fine by me. That brings down the number of things needing to be washed up at the end of the day!
I also know I'm not alone. One of my other mates is also living on bread and cheese!


On the school front, I didn't do much again this week but that's all gonna change this week. Giving my first lesson to the little ones on Tuesday. Looking forward to it but not as much to the bloody singing at the start.
Sat in on one of the English lessons with the older ones on Tuesday. They're quite cool and yes, I still feel sorry for the girl who got an 'F' on the English Test. She was crying, the poor thing!
They certainly know how to shame the kids in German schools when it comes to handing out results. 


Apart from that, that's it really. Getting up in the mornings is killing me. It still takes about 100 alarms to get me up. The first starting 2/3 hours before I actually have to get out of the bed. 


Thursday night was fun. We went to a Shisha Bar in the Schanze and had an hilarious sex discussion. We have them quite a lot when drink's involved but that one was a laugh. I am now accepting the fact that I have no shame sometimes.


...and I bought two books - in English whoops! But, one could come useful with the kids so naff off! It's a book of facts about the UK called '8 out of 10 Brits,' the other is a novel called 'One day' and I've been told that it's 'a really good book' so I'll let you guys know how I get on with it. I did buy some in German too before you lay into me! I've got enough material auf Deutsch to read anyway, including a book about a pisshead. Interesting! 
I'm trying to balance the reading in German and in English. I need to read a bit more German though I would say 'cause I haven't been speaking it as much as I should be. That's naughty of me. For example, it showed during my short visit to the transport centre to get the payments for my transport transferred over to my name. It was laughable but we got there in the end, didn't we luv?


Of course, I'm still missing my baby. I love him so much and I miss him but in 5 days he'll be here with me for the weekend and then AGAIN two weeks after that. Who's a lucky boy then!?


Just before I go, I'd like you to read this article if you have time. 
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/centuryold-teaching-programme-suspended-after-spending-cuts-2114235.html
It talks about how this new annoying British government may be cutting the programme which I'm doing now which would be a GREAT shame I think.

Until next time peeps

1 Kommentar:

  1. Just to clear some Axe/Lynx name issue: British/Duch company Unilever (the owner) were unable to use the name Axe in the United Kingdom and Ireland due to trademark problems so it was launched as Lynx
    xxx

    AntwortenLöschen