Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 2010

Paris und Herbstferien!

Just a quick one, I know it's been just over a week since I kicked off this blogging thing.

So now it's the 2 week half term (Herbstferien) break from school and I set off straight away for Paris, THE city of love for most people - Not in our case. Well, I lie it started off that way but the mood turned sour Saturday night then remained sour into Sunday morning then we made up again for about 2 hours. What happened next was probably my fault, insisting on talking about our somewhat small issues while having breakfast at a cafe. Anyway we went on to "enjoy" Paris separately on the Sunday afternoon! I really believed we were over but we're stronger than that and now after some civil conversation, we're lovebirds again. Mwah!
I'll just say, if you've read the "new" Facebook relationship status, ignore it. Don't take it too seriously! I don't think I'm the first person to run and change it after things have SEEMED like they could be over. I may change it back in due course, if I do - yes it's with the same GUY! *wink wink* if you haven't yet clocked on.
For now, I think it's best if I just say keep my relationship status private on Facebook - read here for the latest goss.

As I was saying it's Herbstferien here in this German state. Yes Hamburg is its own German state if you know nothing about D-land and I don't really have many plans to be honest. I've been spending FAR too much money and it's time I calmed it down. At least I'm only spending about 5€ a go for food for the fridge. But what I'm really going mad with is eating out (I really need to learn to cook and rustle up the energy to cook in the evenings), travelling, fags, booze, books, phone credit, magazines and I haven't even looked at clothes because they seem more expensive in Germany - which is why I need to make the short trip to Bremen so that I can visit the Primark there! I've been warned it's just as manic as the stores in England, if not worse 'cause there are only two branches in the whole country (The other is in Frankfurt).
So, apart from a plan to SAVE money for the two weeks, I need a bank account because it seems like Postbank/.comdirect have forgotten me so I'll just go out right after this and open up another one pronto because I need to get paid obviously. 
It seems like the rest of the assistants have just gone for Haspa (Sparkasse) so I may follow suit.


I am going to Mannheim, Germany on Friday in the car with a stranger - may seem akward but I'll be saving like 150€ and I thank God that this car sharing practice is common in Germany and I hope it catches on in the UK. 28€ to travel cross-country - can't be beaten.
Why am I going to Mannheim? You may ask.
What the hell's there? You may also ask. I'll tell you what, I'll wink again *wink* and maybe you can guess. I'm going to celebrate the birthday of someone special to me. Awwww. 


...and then I guess I'll return to Hamburg to sit back and indulge in the trashiest TV on offer on German TV in the daytime. RTL's the main provider of it but at least they have a news programme on at midday. I think SAT1 takes the biscuit with their fake Judge Judy, and the fake male equivalent followed by the Jeremy Kyle equivalent which is so cheap the guests haven't even got chairs to sit down on. What follows is EVEN WORST and EVEN FAKER with some AWFUL actors, I'm actually happy when the adverts come on. Saying all that though, they're good for improving da Deutsch. Just so you know, I do watch a bit of news in the middle of all that to hear a bit of proper German.


So when I returned from Paris to Hamburg on Sunday it actually felt like coming home which I think is nice after only a short time. I also like the fact that I was back through the door after landing only after about 6/7 stops on the S and U-Bahn. At least the airport's nearby.
It feels like everybody's going back to England for the holidays. Maybe it's only a few people but it does seem like everyone's running back. I'm quite happy where I am. Maybe my opinion will change after 'The Apprentice' is broadcast in the UK tonight IF I can't find it anywhere online. 
No, but seriously I'm pretty happy and settled in Germany right now. Finding my way around Hamburg well. Walked from the Reeperbahn home at 2am on Monday night. LONG walk but I don't mind walking and it was nice having almost every street to myself. I think everyone was in there bed expect me and people partying on the Reeperbahn. Hamburg looks very nice at night and my walk took me past the beautiful Alster!
Oh speaking of the Alster, that 'Alsterwasser' shandy/beer stuff is bloody lovely. I only had it for the first time last night and instantly fell in love. 


But now it's time to speak of banking if I want my money to survive in this city so...
Have a great Wednesday ladies and gentlemen and I'll speak to you all soon...


Tschuss x





1 Kommentar: