Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010

"Professionality" and "teaching" ;)

Tuesday morning and at 8.45am it was my turn to get up in front of the class and conduct my "own lesson" with a class full of 9 year-olds. The lesson was sticking to the theme of food and breakfast because, as you know, it takes a while for things to stick in little kids' heads.

Anyway, we had to listen to a cringeworthy "rap" called "The Sandwich Rap." I may have to post it on here one day - just for laughs.

I went on to teach them a couple of knew words which they remembered today - Good stuff! Those words were lettuce, mustard and cucumber. Obviously, they had problems pronouncing lettuce but we worked on that and now it's not an issue.

A worksheet was the last thing they had to do and they did it without problems. So, I was very pleased with how it went. The only pointer the teacher gave me was to allow them a bit of time to write words down because obviously they're younger, therefore a bit slower. Next Tuesday I'll do the same lesson with the other class of 9 year-olds.

My fellow assistants and I have come to the conclusion that kids get away with more in German schools and the British ones are a lot stricter. I'll just let you one thing though - I know that we have such a thing as 'lines' in the UK but when it comes to these 9 year-olds. The teacher I'm always with loves to threaten them with "SCHREIB'ing' DIE KLASSENREGELN AB" (Copying out the classroom rules) - It's like it's all she's got lol. Always makes me giggle to myself.

Lastly, I had a good bitch just now on Facebook about getting up this morning to get to school for 8am! I won't moan anymore on here but I still don't think there's any need for a start that early. It was still pitch-black outside, for God's sake. It'll be even darker after the clocks go back at the weekend.
Oh well, I suppose it's all part of the experience, no?

Plus, it's getting colder here by the day - I'm scared of just how cold it's gonna get over the coming weeks.


Apprentice comments (27.10.2010)

Just watched watched yesterday's Apprentice and I have to say that it was pretty funny. It's always funny but this was an particularly funny episode.
Won't talk about it too much. I will say that even though I knew about Melissa's firing before watching (SOMEONE spoilt it for me on Facebook straight after the broadcast without warning) it was still fun to watch. I found Melissa funny to watch, but she was definitely the right one to go. 
At least, she'll be remembered for her great ending "Get out my face" lol - Don't think I've heard that before and the "great" words she came out with in one episode alone. 
"Manouvrement, professionality and retributed" are just three I can remember. 
I was reading the forums as I was watching it and after she came out with some of these, a page of posts followed with most people simply saying 'manouvrement? (Is that a word).'

Lord Sugar came out with a classic line also whilst talking to Melissa in the boardroom - 
'You remind me of these, like knock-off DVDs. At first glance you're quite convincing and then afterwards, you know, you're just impossible to follow.' Yeah, that one made me laugh.


Have a good weekend folks :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen