Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2010

It was cringeABLE!

The Apprentice is back people! Wednesdays at 9 on BBC One if you're in the UK, if not, and you're as sad as me you'll go to the wall to do what I've just done in order to watch it. We all know that the BBC's iPlayer service is literally off-limits once you leave the country unless it's radio you're after. So now here's a quick run through of how to download, not just the Apprentice but almost anything else British shown on British TV if you don't know already..

Go to thebox.bz - create an account for free
Then download a Torrent client. If you don't know what this is, it's just basically enables you do download the file. I recommend uTorrent (That's the one I use anyway) - A fast internet connection would be an idea too. The Apprentice file is pretty big...1.5GB
Once you have the file because it'll be a 'MKV file' which is quite rare, you'll have to download a Codec pack but if you have no idea what this is, there is an easier option. VLC Player already supports MKV files so just download that player and it SHOULD work.

I'll comment on the actual episode in a sec. Before that, here's what I did yesterday...

As I knew that I was running out of money but didn't actually know how bad it was, I went into town to meet Katy and my first stop was the first bank we saw. As I was saying yesterday, Postbank/.comdirect forgot all about so I needed a bank account straight away if I wanted to get paid.
My mentor's husband didn't really recommend the 'Haspa' government savings bank but it was time to just get any account so got that sorted within about 30 minutes. I'll make a point of saying that I did it all in German too which I didn't expect to be able to manage. Sometimes all the bank jargon confuses me even in English 'cause I don't really deal with banks too much! Anyway, so I expected to cave in and go 'Huh? Ich verstehe nicht. Sprechen Sie englisch?' but never needed to. She was very good, spoke slowly enough and offered me a whole bottle of juice the moment I sat down.

Money's on its way.

Thank God it is because after setting up the account with Haspa I called Barclays and got the shock of my life - I'll have about £250 after I come back from Mannheim. I still need to give this guy 130€ more rent. 
Tried to get them to increase my overdraft lol - Not to say I'm gonna hit the limit but just for emergencies. They refused 'cause they haven't got an up-to-date number for me and I need to change it via online banking which I can't do because my PINsentry card reader thing is broken and in England and they won't send a new one to Germany because I don't have Telephone Banking with them and...You know what? It's just a bloody mess. I hate British banks - They never fail to piss me off. Let's hope the German banks are better when it comes to dealing with them. Yesterday was a good start!


I need to thank my mentor - She's a star! Thankx to her, I won't have to wait until after the holidays to get paid :)


Back to Apprentice and I'm glad it hasn't lost it's comedy value! It started making me laugh right from the start, right from the moment the project managers were chosen.
God, the girls seem bitchy! and that Dan guy was entertaining too. I wouldn't have minded if he stayed.
I think it'll be a good series as it's already kicked off with some GREAT lines...
How about...'It was cringable.' Don't worry Justin, English is a stupid language sometimes :) 
'Would you like to let your wife try a new sausage' LOL or something along that line.
Then there was 'I managed to hussle £14 worth of sales' 
followed by the posh guy in the board room pointing his finger exclaiming 'It..it was SHAMEFUL' and then silence haha.
No one I really hate yet, no one I really love either. The girls seems like they'll be a laugh but bitchy. 
The girls' team leader was sweet (I say that now) and then there's that mouthy woman who kept arguing with her: 'It's about PROFESSSIONAAALLISSSMMM' LOL - HER! She may go on to annoy me. At the same time she'll cause arguments which I like and I always tend to like the ones everyone hates anyway ;)
I'm glad they all turned on the Project Manager and I can't say I disagreed with the first firing and at least no hotties went first hehe.
Glad it's back - Shame there's no German version. They have everything else.


That's it from me - Thank you and Goodnight! 
Mwah!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen