Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011

Sex, boozing and bitching!!!

Getting off to sleep was delayed last night. He had it...in her in the next room. So, I played YouTube videos from a chatshow with the hope that the laughter would drown it all out.
Anyway, it didn't go on for long. Anyway, maybe I need to chill out. 
The next morning we happened to bump into each other as I was on the way out. She quickly made of point of saying (in English) 'Sorry, if we disturbed you last night.' Hmmm, funny that, she usually speaks to me in German.
I guess she thought - better apologise to the guy in his own language. Awwww - That was sweet I thought. Heading for the door, I, full of embarrasment mumbled back 'Oh, no, no don't worry about that.' 
That was that! Funny thing is, I really have any problem with it. It's just cringeworthy to hear everytime I do hear it.

So, almost a month has passed since I last spoke to you all and it's been a month of champagne drinking. Well, 'Sekt' which actually translates into 'Sparkling wine.' For me, however it is Champagne. It basically has the same effects and what would I know about 'good' champagne at my time of life!
It gets you to a 'nice drunk' and contrary to what others say, the hangovers are never usually that bad. 
I don't think I'll be drinking it on an empty stomach again though - the way I did on Saturday. No, that almost had me on the floor of the S-Bahn platform at Reeperbahn station - like Emma B did. The one bit of floor in Hamburg you wouldn't want to end up passed out on. 
We've had a few good ones this month anyway - as usual. The last couple, however, have been getting a little too messy.

On the school front, and it's all good. I still hate 4a and love 4b. Actually told a child to 'shut up' yesterday and yes, I have no regrets. It's not that bad. Anyone who went to school with me will probably remember one teacher who used to use 'shut up' on use all the time. It was her favourite! 
In my opinion the most interesting news coming out of my school here in Germany is the bitching. 
I think it's coming a head now. Speaking of 'heads,' one of them was in the canteen today bitching to our whole table but it was a bit more than just bitching. This person was MAD today- with one teacher in particular and didn't really seem to care who heard.
The main bitch was that this woman's whole class is obtaining low grades and that she's hardly ever there. 

Meanwhile, the same woman being bitched about was herself doing the bitching the other day - to me. Complaining that a new teacher that I work with never says 'hello' to anyone when he walks into the Staff Room. I was thinking, well, neither do you, darlin'! I was once a new, foreigner in the Staff room. I remember.

Madness!!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen