Freitag, 19. November 2010

Fully enjoying the weekend on next to no money?

"If you've been working all week and Friday/Saturday nights are the only nights you have a chance to have a drink, you're gonna binge, ain't ya?." Those were the words of my hard drinking Scottish ex-colleague when I was a good student working in Sainsbury's in Reading. Think she's right? I do.

But, it may be the case right now that you want to go out tonight and drink and be merry. However, you let yourself believe that your wallet won't allow you to do that.

Entirely understandable. Obviously, it wouldn't be a good idea to go out on the town if you've got rent or a mortgage to pay. If you're in my position, however, and you have been working all week but are slightly low on funds. Here's a quick uplifting guide to how I manage a cheap night out. Trust me, I'm highly trained in this field...

This refers to how how it can be done in Germany, by the way. Still useful, I suppose if you're coming over here at some point. To see me, maybe!

1. Get yourself to PENNY MARKT or LIDL or almost any German supermarket actually. They're almost all dirt cheap. Depending on what you drink, you can stock up on your pre-drink for under 5 Euros. So look at all the prices presented to you carefully.

2. I've found that the little minature bottles of spirits found in ALL German supermarket suffice when on a poor man's night out. 2 minature bottles of the spirit of your choice, throw a decent sized bottle of Coke on the conveyor belt too as mixture. Total costs: 3 Euros
If not, wine (ONE WHOLE LITRE TOO) or 3 cans of beer can all be found for under 2 Euros in German supermarkets

3. Find a friend who's also not loaded and who also wants a bit of time to gear up at home before heading out. It can be great fun with a bit of music etc. Don't drink it all too fast.

4. If you haven't finished what you bought earlier, buy a can for the journey. It's cheaper to do that than buy an extra drink in the bar/club, no?

5. Don't go into any club charging more than a fiver. Obviously, this depends on how much you have on you but that's usually my rule when I'm running low. It'll certainly be my rule tonight!

6. Down something! Anything!

7. Buy the cheapest drink on offer in the club. It's usually beer, but if there's a difference between price in draught and bottled beer. Make sure you know that before you're served. Or, ask the person serving. You don't wanna end up with a shock when they've made the drink and present you with the price, do you?

8. Then enjoy the music. If you're still not satisfied, maybe friends will buy you drinks. Or, you could just nick them - I know people were happy with that.

Have a great weekend people - Don't take this too seriously, by the way. I'm fooling around, init!

I'm still on the quest for DECENT Drum and Bass in Hamburg. If you know where it's at, I'm listening.

8MVJ9HG9C3P9

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen